Acropolis

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by American10, Jun 15, 2008.

?

What would you rate this map?

1. This should get featured!

42.7%
  2. awesome

20.7%
  3. great

14.6%
  4. good

9.8%
  5. alright

6.1%
  6. horrible

6.1%
  1. American10

American10 Ancient

[​IMG]
    (Click on the picture to download)
    Made by, American10 & Sir Toppum Hat1

Supported Gametypes:
    • slayer​
    • Oddball​
    • King of the Hill​
    • Capture the flag​
    • Assualt​
    • Juggernaut​
    Map Description:

Story:
    Note*VERY roughly based on little history.

One day in 1364 there was a rumor about a small group going to over take the city.The king heard of this and set up a few soldiers on duty at the parthenon just in case.It turned nightfall. The Ottoman military soldiers sneaked into the greek city unnoticed.They took camp at the temple preparing for attack.But something happens, the guards see them through a window and everyone draws out there swords and attacks.The Ottomans run to overtake the ancient stone circle,then there millitary bas then the cellars of the parthenon.They found some tunnels leading to a house and overtook the house.The fire on city,the smell of blood in the air,this was not a good day for Acropolis.Then all thats left is the parthenon.They run up the hill to the parthenon slaying everyone who stands in there way and takes the mainpoint in the city.All is lost ,everything ruined,everyone dead,for the city this was a bad day but for the Islams....this is remarkable history.

Layout:

Well the map takes up all of foundry and its roughly based on historical landmarks.Are whole map pack is based on places and ancient times.Acropolis is the first map of the pack and the 2nd one is in progress. The attackers spawn at the Temple and the defenders spawn at the Parthenon.There are two bases north and south and theres 2 small symetrical houses on each side.In the back two rooms there are ruins you can hide in.There is rooms underneath the two hills the temple and parthenon are sitting on.The one under the temple has a dungeon and tunnels leading to the houses.The one under the pathenon is a basement with tunnels leading to houses.There is also two turret stations for each side.​

Weapons on map:

Battle Rifles:2​

Assualt Rifles:5​

Shotguns:2 ​

Smgs:3​

Spikers:1​

Plasma Rifle:1​

Needler:1​

Brute Shot:1​

Rocket Launcher:1​

Gravity Hammer:1​

Covenant Carbine:1​

Mauler:1​

Sentinel Beam:1​

Machine Gun Turrets:2​

Flamethrower:1(Not used during gameplay)​

Equipment on map:

Deployable covers:2​

Trip mines:2​

Regenerators:2​

Bubble Shield:1​

power Drain:1​

Radar Jammer:1​

The Dungeon:

Ok well the dungeon works out like this you drop in and theres 2 fusion coils in front of you.Also theres one on the right by the crate.​

How to get stuck in dungeon or get to assualt return point:

You must drop in the dungeon,shoot the two fusion coils inside the dungeon then crawl in the corner where the fusion coils were.You get teloported to a dungeon where you cant get out.
    [​IMG]

How to get out of the dungeon:

You must drop in the dungeon,shoot the fusion coil to your right by the crate,then shoot the two fusion coils inside the dungeon.Then you crawl where the fusion coils were inside the dungeon and you are out of it!
    [​IMG]

The Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ju6jv3HzKA

Pictures:

Overview
    [​IMG]

The Temple
    [​IMG]

The Parthenon
    [​IMG]

The center of the map
    [​IMG]

The northwest houses
    [​IMG]

The Northeast houses
    [​IMG]

The southwest ruins
    [​IMG]

The southeast ruins
    [​IMG]

The dungeon
    [​IMG]

Tunnels leading from the dungeon to the house
    [​IMG]

Underneath the Parthenon
    [​IMG]

Tunnels leading from underneath the Parthenon to the house
    [​IMG]

Action Screenshots:

The three romans

[​IMG]

I did this?
    [​IMG]

Ummm...what the **** is that?
    [​IMG]

Random action photo
    [​IMG]

I might need to get my knee fixed...
    [​IMG]

Thanks and extra info:

Thank you killex for helping out with the walls in the back ruins.Thank you TwoSaltedNuts for fixing things that needed to be fixed.Thank you RossDawg for capturing the video for us.​

This is the first map in our Ancient map pack.We are comming out with an amazing 2nd map.Check Sir Toppum Hat1s file share for updated pics on the map pack.Thank you for looking at this map and please download, rate, and comment on bungie.​

#1 American10, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

we were playing this earlier. it looks so aesthetically great. i love the "temple" like thing. the tunnels are great. everything looks so visually appealing. but when we were playing this earlier today i was a little sketchy about gameplay. some of the spawns were messed up. maybe a smaller party would've been better. and this is just me sayiong but maybe a sniper rifle in the map = D. regardless of the spawns tho i think this map is pretty good. although it could use some tweaks to help gameplay, 4.5/5

3. American10

American10 Ancient

Yea Evan we changed the spawn points and such so know its superb.And it works best with 8 people.

4. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

OMG! I remeber all those test games! THis is a great map. It looks really unique in game, and the thing looks great. Great fun gameplay, good looking map, I just cant say enough, EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THIS MAP!

The Hudacris likes this.
  5. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ya, now i want to play it again with the spawns fixed, it's a reeal great map! but why didnt you guys want to put a sniper rifle in?!

6. American10

American10 Ancient

Because a sniper rifle would definaltey overpower the map and then it would ruin the awesome gameplay.

7. Boston

Boston Ancient

I played this with you about 2 to 3 weeks ago. While it may seem a bit too complicated, this map is really fun! I actually still have it saved on my hard drive and have played it with a few people since I played with you. I was in the party with Time Glitch if that helps lol.

But overall very fun map! Is feature worthy! 5/5

8. American10

American10 Ancient

Hey bos45redsox you should download this one because we have updated it so i recomend getting this one because the one you have have spawn problems.Also are map has 1053 dls in 3 days!!!

9. The Sir Toppum Hat

American10 I am so glad we finally fished this map, and it turned out perfectly. The map simply looks amazing and game play is always fun. I can see us getting thousands of downloads. This is the best map that I have made so far and I can’t wait until we finish our next map.

For anyone who sees this post please rate and make a comment American10 and I would like to keep this post alive. We would also greatly appreciate it if you would show the map to your friends.

For those who DL, rated, and commented on this map we greatly appreciate it.
    Happy forging

The Hudacris likes this.
  10. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

Wow, it looks awesome aesthetically, for the most part. I'm a little disappointed by the parthenon, its a little plain. Idk, but I guess I would of went into a lot more detail. I think because it would be easy to center a map around it, but it's not really the only focal point in the map.

Also, I think you might of failed your history class, lolz. Parthenon on a map and its set in 1364. Yeah it was there in 1364 but obviously not as prominent as it was in 400ish BC and much longer after that. Anyway lol I am getting waY off topic-back to the map.

It looks a little open in some parts, but I would guess that is to focus gameplay towards the sides, which is fine.

I will DL from the pictures alone, with brute, bos45redsox (go sox I am going to the game tomorrow as I live in cincy but yeah long story), and evan's comments only reinforcing it.

#10 xxAl Capwnagexx, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
    The Hudacris likes this.
  11. American10

American10 Ancient

Yea the map is supposed to be open and it isnt really the parthenon it just looked kinda like it so i called it that.Also i didnt want to put much more detail in it because then it would of been too crowded and i want it mostly open.Also i didnt actually base it on real history just little parts...

12. LaTurno11

LaTurno11 Ancient

nice interlocking looks good i will DL this!

13. whitelime

whitelime Ancient

this was great fun playing with you. I really like all the nooks and crannys in the map, all the different levels makes it not seem like foundry. This map is great for territories.

14. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

This is amazing, i see me in the screen shot of the 3 romans!, koth is fun, amazing job!

15. XBlackDarknessX

XBlackDarknessX Ancient

very nice you had alot of pictures so that people could get a good look at your map which is good and the way you made the traps and stuff are also kool and unique i also see that you now what you are doing when you are mergeing so good job
    [​IMG]

16. ActTehKiLL

ActTehKiLL Ancient

Good interlocking also i love those small buildings and the huge building looks interesting good job 4/5 im going to check the video out and decide wether or not to download.

17. American10

American10 Ancient

Thanks guys my our map has 1057 dls!

18. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

looks cool might dl if i have space left

19. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

nice map it must of spent a long time to make it is cool cause of the traps well done

20. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks nicely interlocked and well planned out, looks like uv taken ur time onit and its truly paid off, looks very detailed and fun, i love the idea and lyout this looks very fun and creativ