AC2 Cover Jacket Design

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kidbomber, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

2. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Looks more steampunk than anything, and so i don't feel like it fits the game great; steampunk is awesome, however, and this this looks great.

3. Redy

Redy Hipster

I would say that you got plenty too much of free time, or/and you're a Huge Fan of the series. Good artwork nevertheless. I would definetely find the game way more interesting if the original boxes were like this.

4. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

The bright orange in the II is a little out of place to me, but other than that it looks great imo. You should post more here KB, we could use more professional advice every so often :p

5. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

Not that you mention it it does, however due to it being in the era of Da Vinci I wanted to have a torn and older paper look (which may be hard to see but that IS a paper texture for the background).

It was done as an art project for my college course. Someone also asked for a new Fallout 3 version case design but i'm not to sure of it yet.

Yeah, my girlfriend said the same thing too about the orange. However, I wanted it bright and I believe it's a bit yellow actually (not sure as I don't have it currently). And I really do try to come on here and there to check on things but whenever I do it's normally dead and just browse over it all. Plus it doesn't help i'm not in a art major in college anymore so my focus isn't on art as much anymore. D:.

6. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I do love the torn paper look. I think the brightness of the II could be toned down just a bit, and I wish there was something more to look at it. My eyes get trapped on that II and there's no reason to look anywhere else.

7. Halo Orlando

Halo Orlando Ancient

Given that the words Assassins Creed II only appear at the bottom, I would make the words more visible; currently they are getting somewhat lost in the darker areas at the bottom. For the sake of the theoretical advertising a box like this would be, the title being visible is important for people who are looking over a bunch of games trying to find a specific one, as on first glance among a ton of different boxes, the dark letters of the wording and the assassin symbol isn't immediately obvious.

I also feel the orange needs to be adjusted, it just does not fit in with the rest I don't think.

#7 Halo Orlando, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  8. Matty

Matty Ancient

"the truth is written in blood"

where's ya red font