A map under foundry?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Obito, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Obito

Obito Ancient

Um I have a question. Has anyone made a map under foundry? If so could you tell me how because whenever I get a Box under foundry then save and quit the box gets forced back into the map. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. G043R

G043R Ancient

There was a big deal of talking about doing the same thing as your map... but I am wondering what your aim is in the map? are you trying to get a map where you can fall off of? I am not good at it.. but we can do a search in the matter... should be able to help you...some how...

3. Obito

Obito Ancient

Yeah, pretty much I'm trying to make a map you fall off of, but although it's harder if I did this it'd at least be unique, cause I haven seen one map that does this.

4. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

you can't, I have tried, no way for player to get there in game. As of right now, of my knowledge, can't happen.

For you: Just use the open air on standoff

5. G043R

G043R Ancient

I was thinking the same thing coyote, obito If your willing to open your idea up a bit... you can get out of the map of stand off and possibly make a similar map you want...

there has been a map made like that... (made by Furious)

6. Obito

Obito Ancient

Yeah but the only problem is that making a map out of standoff wouldn't be unique, because it's been done many times (just like G043R said...), and if they fell off would they "fall to their death" instantly? If they do, shoots. I'll do the out of standoff thing... Does anyone know how to get out of Standoff? If someone does, send me a friend request, my gamertag is Obito Kajuo. I'll be online tomorrow sometime.

7. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

it depends on the size map you want, if it doesn't have to be too big, just go off the cliff

8. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I was going to suggest Standoff as well, for I've made a 2v2 map outside over the cliff that was pretty fun. But, the limited materials doesn't compare to foundry I guess..

9. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Your idea is not "unique" either, if you go by that logic. Falling off of Standoff yields the same results of falling off of the bottom of Foundry: YOU DIE.

You should look at what functions best, and not just at what is "unique." A unique map with poor gameplay is not worth downloading.

I don't want to discourage you from trying, so by all means keep at it on Foundry. Your map could be the first that is under the floor.

--dc

10. LeafyOwNu2

LeafyOwNu2 Ancient

People die right as they get under the floor. So even if you could get people under there, they would die instantly. Me and my friends have put each other under the map before with turrets, and we always died instantly.

Thats just my 2 cents.

11. Obito

Obito Ancient

Yeah I know I figured that out today after I got a open-doublebox to stay under foundry, I got through landed in the box 5 seconds later... dead... So, I gave up that idea and made one right on the death barrier, so if you fall off the double boxes (which happen to be ON THE GROUND AND NOT ABOVE THE GROUND.) and land on the ground 10 seconds later you will be killed, either by the guardians or by falling (unless someone shoots you). So this gives the map a martial art tornament feeling. You can check it out at this URL:http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=19542019
    Don't say it sucks because in this map I was just experimenting, but still give me feedback.
    (sorry if I'm posting my map in the wrong place.)