A map finishing problem

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by The Fish, Jan 5, 2012.

1. The Fish

The Fish Promethean

I have this problem with forging, and I was wondering if anyone else does or has a solution. I make alot of maps, some ideas are better then others... But anyway when I get completely done with the layout I try to get my friends to help with the detail (They're good at that, I'm not) and then I put in weapons. But after that I never put in the spawns. I have exactly 6 good idea maps that are completely done except for the spawns! I just find placing spawns everywhere to be such a bore!

Does anyone else have this problem/has had this problem/has solution to this problem?

2. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

To me that's just the part where you have to grin and bear it. :)

If you put thought into your spawns it shouldn't be too bad. Are you sure maybe you just aren't happy with the maps and putting the spawns on makes you realize you don't care for them?

3. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

This is not a problem. If you have seen how many started maps I have, that I never finished, you'd **** your pants.

Anyways, be like Nike and "Just Do It." We all have to.

4. The Fish

The Fish Promethean

I don't know what it is but when I get totally finished except for the spawns I just stop working on that map and move onto the next. I don't know maybe if I had help placing them then I could just "grin and bear it."

5. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

Do you absolutely need help placing them? Or are you just too lazy?

6. The Fish

The Fish Promethean

7. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

Well, I'm not the best at placing spawns, but I know a few things that might help you. If you want, send me an invite and I'll see if I can help.

8. The Fish

The Fish Promethean

I'll keep you in mind. I'm lazy right now :p

9. X RS Sniper X

X RS Sniper X Forerunner

Do it while you are making the map, easier if you put down the object info also so you don't need to do it after you are done.

10. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

If you need any help placing spawns, I could help you. I have a lot of free time tonight and would be glad to do it. Just send an invite to Elite Warrior5

11. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

I don't think I have ever thought of this as being such big deal. I by no means enjoy doing it but its never stopped me from finishing a map.

12. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

I don't think of spawns being the last thing I put down. I was working on one map that went through 7 incarnations, two in the canyon, two in the sky box, and three in the Quarry. The spawning is just one aspect I had to do over and over again as I reworked the problems in the design. Spawning is actually quite easy compared to other aspects, but I can see why people are bored to tears working with them.

13. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Spawns I usually put down after I'm down with the actually building phase. Occasionally I'll tweak architecture for better spawn placement as well. Spawns are also one of the biggest issues most forgers have with maps... A good map with bad spawns will drive players away in a heart beat.

If you need any help with spawns, I'd be more than willing to help you out.
    Shoot me a FR. GT: RecSchnitzelSec