A Long Time Ago

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TrueDarkFusion, Jan 18, 2013.

1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Some of you may remember me, I founded Forge Hub back in November 2007 and ran it for over 2 years.

I had a bit of a falling out with some of the staff members (irrelevant what it was about at this point), and I got to college in 2009. I really lost the time and interest to pursue my interests here so I stepped down and left the site.

Since then, I have finished my Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Entomology. More recently I started working on my Masters in Entomology on a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation project dealing with helping farmers to store grain against insects in West Africa. Also I met the love of my life. We got engaged, and we will be getting married this fall.

I have changed a lot since I have left and learned greatly about myself and others.

With that said, I would like to make a public long over due apology to anyone that I annoyed or wronged back then. Nitrous and Rusty Eagle, I am sorry for an distress and any chaos that I caused.

People change, and I have in general just been trying to make amends with people the past 2 years. For whatever reason I thought of FH tonight. We live in a new age in which individuals can interface with each other from around the world. While much of the generation currently in power have failed to realize it, the connections made on the internet can be powerful. Internet friends are still friendships. Individuals interact on a daily basis and have an impact, an influence on each others lives. With that said, I figure, why shouldn't I apologize to FH? Back then we had pull on each others lives. The same impact that I am sure many of you share with each other today.

Online communities can be so much more than a bunch of online buddies playing video games together. They build relationships. In 2009, I wronged many of you. I apologize for that and any effect that may have had on your psyche.

FH has survived the test of time. I truly hope, you guys use it as a place to continue to build community, and as a place to call your own, a place for fun and each other.

SIR IRON WOLF and Connie like this.
  2. Security

Security Ancient

Well, this is kind of surprising.

3. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

I know this welcome back doesn't hold much water coming from me seeing as you left the forum 2 years before I joined it...but welcome back. I've heard a lot about you...some of it good?

BTW, good luck on the marriage, wish you all the best.

#3 PacMonster1, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

I'm with Security on this one. Reading this post honestly made me just kind of sit there for a second in pure and utter calmness. I know I wasn't involved in any of that business, but I do remember some of it. It means a lot to hear that you're doing so well in life. I hope only the best for you and your fiance.

Biochem and Entomology, I would not have thought that those two majors would be used together, but that is just awesome.

5. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

You don't owe an apology to anyone. If anything we owe one to you. We were stupid, young, and bratty. I'm happy for you though. Continue doing good things!

6. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Silence your apologies.

Good to see you doing well :)

7. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Good to see you again, man. Glad your life/education has gone well and you've found love.

8. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Hey, it's TDF! I don't really know what happened back when you "fell out," but I'd like to say that you alone changed my life by ... a lot. I don't know if you remember, but oh well, I'll just say thanks for building this site!

9. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

Hi!

I joined Forgehub before it was cool

10. BasedGod of Grunge

BasedGod of Grunge Halo Reach Era