A list of suggestions all custom gamers should agree on.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Phoenix of Wei, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Phoenix of Wei

Phoenix of Wei Ancient

2. Prototape

Prototape Forerunner

Good post. My favorite section would have to be the one on the kill barriers in Forge. The biggest reason I only forge in Forge World is because there's really no room to forge in the other maps. I think it would be great if they let us get rid of those in forge but keep them in matchmaking. I'm not even asking them to open up the entire level because knowing any game developer, things tend to get sloppy the further away you are from the main level. I just want more forge space, and I would love to use the atmosphere in the other levels.
    As for Forge World, it would be awesome if they let us get rid of the barriers. I would feel like it would have lived up to its hype if they let us access more of the space. I'm not necessarily complaining about the space available... but, it was a major killjoy when I saw all the space that I couldn't use. That and I hate forging on the flat area above the hangar (forgot what it was called). If I need to really go up and around my forged level, I get "Gtfo out in 10 seconds", limiting some important views I need.

If they decide against it yet again, oh well. But it would be really cool.

As for a suggestion, an undo feature would be unbelievably awesome. I don't know how many times I've accidentally deleted something that I took a while to get aligned perfectly. It sounds lazy of me, but a copy feature would be pretty cool too. I know hard work pays off, but I don't always have time to do things the honorable way and manually re-align every object I put into forge.

#2 Prototape, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. TELEVIS10N

TELEVIS10N Forerunner

How about a man cannon/grav lift preview arch.
    Explanation
    This would cut down on testing by maybe 10 seconds. Extremely lazy thought, but might be helpful to some.

#3 TELEVIS10N, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. P3P5I

P3P5I Ancient

IIRC, the man-cannons don't send you to a set point, rather they launch you in an area, so your idea would have to be a rather thick arch, but I like it. No reason not to let forgers become even more lazy. ;)

@OP, that thread looks surprisingly similar to my Christmas wish list...

5. NME

NME Forerunner

another thing i will add is they should allow us to paint our objects. it will make every forged map have its own taste rather then feel.
    lets face it. The forge community needs a paint brush. we have skills to build now give us color schemes.

i know many will agree! =)

6. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No matter how many followers you get in this thread, it's never going to change. Bungie just don't do that. I wish they did include the old gametype options aswell and a few other things, but they haven't so we have to make do with what we have.

7. LD

LD Ancient

I stoped at 'Reach is great and all' ..

Seriously though, these additions are great, stuff like Dual Infection would be so sweet, but like steve said, it won't happen =(

8. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

I've actually bumped this thread about seven times so far. I sincerely hope Bungie actually listens some of the less stupid ideas this guy had.

#8 Hogframe, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010