A few questions

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by DystryR, Nov 11, 2010.

1. DystryR

DystryR Forerunner

Im currently making a map, although not my first, it is my first serious map with objectives; and so far im a little confused.

my map plans to include most objective games
    here are my questions:
    1- is it possible to have a map with neutral flag, 2 flag and 1 flag CTF? for some reason its not letting me label items.

2- king of the kill; do i set a spawn order? actually how exactly do i make hill spawns effectively o_O

3- is there a way to set headhunter and safe haven points?

4- multi team and infection; do i make separate initial spawns for the teams?

i think my biggest issue right now is its not letting me label items, if anybody could provide insight on why this might be happening?

if you can help me with this it would be greatly appriciated; im really excited about this map. ive spent like 10 hours over the past week on it and i really want everything awesome!

once i get the objectives set up, the map will pretty much be done and ill start the testing process, just fyi.

thanks again ~

2. Curious Corndog

Curious Corndog Forerunner

Kind of silly of me to ask, but I have to make sure. Are you going into forge with the gametype you'd like to edit? For example, forging in King of the Hill mode? Otherwise it won't let you label it any objective types.

Also, for king of the hill, Crazy King is the game type where the hill actually moves. Normal KotH doesn't move, it's stationary. But, all you've got to do with the hills to make them move is set their spawn sequences starting from 1 and going to whatever number you finish with.

As for headhunters points, no. Unless you make your own Headhunter gametype to go along with it. (unless, as el megapwn stated below me, you didn't mean how much to win (I'm dumb))

#2 Curious Corndog, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Yes, but how it works is a little counter-intuitive. Set a flag point for each team and tag them as flag score/respawn. Then set a neutral flag point and tag it the same way. The game will put the flag on the neutral point automatically for neutral flag games; for 2 flag each team point will have a flag spawn; and for 1 flag, the flag will only spawn in the appropriate team's base. Basically you just need a flag score/respawn point for three "teams": red, blue, and neutral.

I think it's random no matter what you do. I usually set mine to 1, 2, 3 etc. just to keep track of them.

Yes, use hills

Yes.

4. DystryR

DystryR Forerunner

haha, no. i guess that explains a lot.