A 4 Room map I've been working on...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Kimory, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Kimory

Kimory Ancient

My 4 Room FFA map. Need a name, got any suggestions?
    Don't get fooled by the loads of screenshots, It's not completed yet, I still need to work the spawns and fix many things. I just wanna see what you guys honestly think of it. If there's anything I should add or remove, PLEASE tell me.
    I've been working on this map for a while now. It first came to my head that I should make a 4 room map. Now I thought I wouldn't have enough resources, but I did. Now, I'm not an epic forger like everyone around here, I do know most tricks. I did alot of interlocking in specific areas, like the wall seperating the rooms, and made it 4 boxes high, so if you even TRY to get out, invisi-roof pwns your pathetic attempt.
    Anyways, this is pretty much it, tell me if you like it, I don't concentrate on aesthetics as much as gameplay and layout.
    Just a little error on my part, in BR Room, I accidentally forgot to set a bridge to spawn at start, just ignore it please.

Alright, let's start this off with the Shotty room. The shotty is on the single box in the corner. On the bridge near it, a needler. I tried to make this area not as open as the others. And by doing that, I closed it off and used it to my advantage, and placed a shotgun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, BR room. This room is fairly simple, fairly easy, BR battles going on, using the walkway up top to get to Sniper while maintaining high ground, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Onto the Sniper room. This room is very open, there are 3 ways of geting to the sniper: Use the walkways, jump from the bridges where the SMG's spawn at the BR-Sniper double box onto the dumpsters and to the sniper bridge, or simple just crouch jump up the dumpsters. From here, you can also see into Rocket room a bit and a bit of BR room.
    [​IMG]

Rockets Room. This is the rockets room, you get to the rockets tower and you have control of this area. As long as you have rockets. The tower can be used as control point, as you have high ground over the stage and tunnel, you can see people coming from bottom of Snipe room, You can also see some of shotty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? Should I post it in the map forums once gameplay and spawns, weapon times, etc. have been tested and adjusted?

2. wiggums

wiggums Guest

oh sure, post it. its not like we would just tell you to not post it. it looks good enough, i just might not be as interested in it as others, anyhow it looks nice and good luck coming up with a name.... idk why, buy when i was looking at these pictures, i just kept thinking: "toronto cheese" lol

3. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

This section is for discussion forge, not advertising your upcoming maps.

4. TrioEnzyme

TrioEnzyme Ancient

Perhaps Quadriplegia? It means paralysis of all four limbs. Yeah I know it's kinda nasty but people are going to kill other people on it anyway.

5. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Maybe name it something with QUAD?
    Here's a few:
    Quadruple
    Quadrilateral

I found This. It has a bunch with them.

6. o Forge Freak o

o Forge Freak o Ancient

quadplex - Wiktionary

Seems to fit nicely. Quad____ sounds good, but I like quadplex. Up to you in the end though. The map looks great so far.

7. i_support_elites

quady-ish? i have no idea. and that is pronounced: qwodd ee ish. :D

8. CLIFF X13

CLIFF X13 Ancient

You could also go name it something like Tetra_______ that sound pretty cool too.

9. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

TetraTitrate

Tetrahedralex

10. Trifslap

Trifslap Ancient

Quadrangle?
    quadplex suits it nicely but it doesn't have a ring to it
    what about Quadraplex?

11. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

I think Adjacent would be pretty good; it means "next to" or "bordering."