9-11-13 Halo Bulletin

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Sep 12, 2013.

1. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

So sad...

I had an invasion map I was working on when 4 came out. I thought that since Reach was now as popular as 4 they might want to reconsider ..

2. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I'm not terribly thrilled about Majestic being required for 4v4. I know this is common practice in past titles, but I really wish that developers would move towards focusing on collectors / completionists for their microtransaction revenue (so, sell armor, weapon skins, commendation packs, stances, etc.) than maps.

3. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

Perhaps they have stats that show most people who frequent the playlist have the DLC already...

It should just be free but the most recent DLC was not...

So dominion lost its dedicated playlist??

4. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

Yah, looks like dominion's no longer stand-alone.

5. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Totally agree. What I'd like to see is the DLC mainly focused around the things you mentioned. They could then include maps in the bundle and grant the people that purchase the DLC access to a playlist dedicated to those maps. After a predetermined amount of time, that playlist should shut down and the maps should be released for free and incorporated into matchmaking as required content. That's probably wishful thinking on my part...

6. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

Let's hope it's more than just wishful thinking for H5.

To be honest, I think there is a real possibility for the plan above to generate more revenue than charging for maps. When people buy maps, they know they will only get to use them on a limited basis. That is the main reason I never bought any. But if they focus on items like the above or let people purchase things like "Survivor" - which is an idiotic perk - early, followed by a public release . . . everyone who buys it knows they will get to use it. So there is more impetus to make the purchase.

a Chunk likes this.
  7. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

Gun Game might have be a trademarked name now, but yeah, they totally need to do it. Still, each of these will be a 343i built gametype, so if they do it won't be a community version.