$5000 Budget Contest: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Frozenlynx, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierra10433

Sierra10433 Forerunner

Problem is, the reason I can't upload it to my File Share is because the "Name of the Creator of this file is banned from Xbox Live." I would just have my brother edit it somehow (change a spawn by a second, add a piece outside the map, however we can get him to be the creator, but I don't think you can take my word that it's my map if the creator is someone else and it's on his file share.

2. Xun

Xun The Joker

Hmm... I see your pickle. Perhaps if you PM Lynx and ask if you can have a late submission due to your circumstances, he may give you some leniency and you can send him a link to your map once this problem gets sorted out. Any idea on the time frame?

In other news, finally submitted my map to the contest thread. I went into my File Share to get the link for the download and, to my surprise, 42 people have downloaded my map already. I changed one little thing and re-uploaded it on the 27th, and hadn't bothered checking it since then, and I come back to find that? Pretty stoked about it, to be honest. Sure, its not an astounding number, but thats almost as much as all of my maps to date have gotten, combined.

Also, a question, Lynx. Can I post this map in the competitive forum after the 1st of September? Or not until the judging has ended?

#342 Xun, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  3. pyro

pyro The Joker

You can post as soon as you submit it in the submission thread.

4. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Last off topic post for me. :p I know what you mean, and yeah, it's not bad if you control what you take in. I just like to give props to anyone who resists it all together. :)

5. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I present to you, a map using zero budget!

*spawns on Asylum island*

Ta Da!!!

In all seriousness, I'm excited to start judging these maps. We have a lot of testing to do this weekend. Hopefully we can get everything done in a timely manner.

6. Frozenlynx

Frozenlynx Forerunner

I've got to say, I never thought this contest would end up with 30+ submissions. I'm expecting we'll see a few more last-minute posts today as well. I believe Broc said he could only test Friday and have two judges from New Zealand and England (at least I'm pretty sure that's where ♥Sky lives) respectively, and myself being in California...well, it's gonna be weird getting us all together.

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Haha not to mention me from aus.

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Check your PMs judges

9. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

I'm not complaining because I'm glad more posts are being posted butttttt. The submission thread has been open and it's 9 hours past 12. :p And if you meant midnight the 31st it's 21 hours past that. Haha.

The real reason I came to post here was, I wanted to know if theres any way to get into some testing without being a judge? or is that against the rules?

10. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm sure it meant in about 3 hours.

11. pyro

pyro The Joker

It's still the 31st in EST

12. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

We will need extra people to help test the maps. Anyone who has submitted a map will not be able to participate in the testing though. We are currently organizing testing sessions. I will be running sessions Saturday afternoon/evening, however the times are not finalized yet. More details are to come.

13. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

I wish that it said that though. :/ I would have had time to test my map more but I thought it was going to be locked by midnight the 31st, not the following midnight or even noon for the matter.

14. DUCK NG

DUCK NG Forerunner

Good luck to everyone that is participating and thank you ahead of time to our judges and volunteers that are testing all of the maps. Wish I could help test some of the maps, because many look like they would be fun to play on.

A quick clarification for any of those wondering it is Midnight Eastern Tonight, which means 1 hour and 51 minutes from this post.

15. TheOlympusPrime

TheOlympusPrime Forerunner

Good luck to everone, there are so many unique and original looking maps. Its gonna be awesome to see who wins.

16. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

One thing. Why can't the map support more than 8 players?

17. Frozenlynx

Frozenlynx Forerunner

Because it's already going to be annoying having to separate 2v2 maps from 4v4 maps, requiring different sessions to get them played. Getting above 8 players isn't always easy, but if it is convenient we will try to play them with the recommended number of players. However, there isn't a guarantee that this will happen, and if we can't get enough players it will be judged based on how well it plays with 8 players.

18. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

Well, you should have mentioned that before people went out to make Invasion and BTB maps for the contest then (unless you did mention it. If so, point it out for me.) It's kind of unfair for those people don't you think?

19. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well, best of luck to all. Only if I win, that is. You know, so I don't look like an ass.

Seriously though, good luck. I've been looking through the submissions myself, and have reviewed a couple of them too. Considering the limitations of this contest many have been suprisingly good.

20. Xun

Xun The Joker

I just realised that I didn't include a recommended player count in my submission. Im assuming this won't make any difference as the default amount of players is 4v4, so I guess Im in the clear.

Just in case, it can support 6-8 players. And also, in the spirit of good sportsmanship, good luck to all the other participants, and well done for stepping up and showcasing your talents. It will be interesting to see how people perform with further, more strict restrictions in future contests, and I look forward to going up against all you guys again. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.