2Fort Spirit

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Warraybe, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Warraybe

Warraybe Forerunner

2Fort Spirit is an homage to the days when TF ruled the shooters. I started this map with the basic idea of using the classic 2Fort design. This however turned into something completely different. The new tools in Forge 2.0 really let me go wild with what I was trying to do.

This map is currently only set up for playing 2 team CTF with my TF2 variant. The variant in itself has dedicated classes to mimic the original classes available in TF. I have removed all weapons from the map and opted for infinite ammo, still need to reload, for each of the "classes".

The map is a 3 symmetrical tiered design. On the main floor there are the 2 bases, red and blue. Along the battleground are some options to provide cover as the idea was for the map to be played with extreme team play in mind. The 2 forts are joined together by 2 bridges creating an entire upper tier to play on. There are ramps leading down behind the bases where the flags are kept along with a hole on the bridge tier to drop through to gain entrance to the base and another inside the base to gain access to the bottom tier. The bottom tier beneath the bases is a bridge connecting the two bases with one way gates allowing players to exit but not return into the base preventing straight carries. The bottom tier has two circle stair cases that can be accessed from either side granting access to the middle, fort, tier.

This is my first attempt at producing a map or gametype in Forge. I am looking for people to give some feedback on both the map and gametype. I am really shooting for the feel of true class based shooters while keeping things as fast paced and frantic as the Halo series come come to be known for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Warraybe, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  2. KurttyMilk

KurttyMilk Forerunner

Pretty Cool Map. You should check out that one 2fort map that was on here a while back. It was a pretty good replica.