Sandbox 24 HourMaze

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Chuck A Duck, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

go this link to download map and gametype

24 HourMaze - Forge Hub Map Database

In ancient times mazes were used for meditation and to find answers about life.... so go ahead find your answers.... if you can...

In this maze there is only one way out, not only do you have to find this one way but first find the one piece of equipment that acts as a "key" to this way out.... without this one item you will find yourself going in circles for a long time

There are traps in this maze if you want to call them that, places where there is no way to get out, places where even grown men cry for their mothers, places that could kill you, places that are pure deception

So go ahead, you think you can solve this maze? You think you can stare death right in the face and walk toward it? You think that dead ends could be the way out? You think that walls arent there to stop you but to hide something? Well then go for it, you might learn something, and o .... good luck

*please do not ruin the fun by jumping on teamates' heads to escape*

*it is possible to beat*

* the one piece of equipment is hard to find but it is not hidden so if you find the "room" that it is in you will see it*

*it is freakin hard it took me an hour to solve it and i made the thing* (i kept messing up)

*o and no one besides me has beat*

*and yes it was inspired by the headachemaze (by Dragon Munday)*

[​IMG]

... BAM!!! PICTURES!!!!

o and i dont expect most people to solve this but if you do need help read the top there are some huge hints and dont forget to check EVERY CORNER there is always a way

#1 Chuck A Duck, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. A SILENT EMU

A SILENT EMU Ancient

It's obviously easily escapade and not doesn't look amazing aesthetically but who cares this looks sweet. Biggest maze I've ever seen in forge!

3. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

well cool thnks , play it and give me some feedback, good or bad i can take it, and any suggestions about anything on there.... since it has had so many views i am thinking about making another one...but im still uncertain

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

For anyone else who will comment about it being escapable, so what? That's not the point of this. If you're gonna be a jack off, and cheat to the end, even though you don't get anything, then go ahead.

I'll be downloading this and timing how long it will take me to do this maze.

EDIT: How do we know when we reached the end? Does a teleporter take you to the oddball?
    Also, your download links don't work.

#4 Rifte, Jul 6, 2009
  5. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

(wow i feel like an idiot thats wat emu ment by escapade) if you download the gametype maze play (i did not make that) it is impossible to escape by urself but if you have a friend it is possible but only at some parts, gifle basically said it all about cheatin and to gifle good luck with the maze

6. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

Woah. Just, woah. I thought that making an actual maze in Halo would be impossible because of the item limit (I thought of using all walls), but you did it! Most Halo 3 maze maps are easy and kind of stupid, but this one looks like a real challenge! 4/5 for lack of replayability, but to its standards, 5/5.

7. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

thnks jameslieb1 for the great rating, and to the replayabitly part, unless you have played it for about 3 hours and memorized it, everyturn could look new to you, i made the thing and there are still parts where i get lost in.... it sounds dumb but everything looks close to the same i think im in one part but im in another, so you will find yourself retracing your steps for a while

O and back to wat gifle said you will know you have reached the end because you will be out of the maze and looking at the oddball

#7 Chuck A Duck, Jul 6, 2009
  8. Third Nothing

Third Nothing Ancient

I have been searching for a maze that I wasn't able to memorize after one play through for a long time. I haven't found it yet, but this one comes very close. It's a great map and I hope I can see more from you. Thank you for this wonderful edition to my hard drive. 5/5.

9. Higinia

Higinia Ancient

At first, I thought it was random blocks and walls placed in spots.
    But once I looked at the picture more, I realized that it wasn't.
    It all seems well placed, no matter the sloppiness.
    Once I can get on my xbox and play, I will be back with a rating of the map.

10. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

sweet thnks everyone ive had family in town for 4th of july and havent been able to get to my xbox but when i can i might start makin another maze

11. hpbuttons

hpbuttons Ancient

Was harder than I thought, me and 2 of my friends beat it though.

I went rogue and found the object and they found the end where we had to use it. Took us 3 trys at the end to find the right way was annoying having to redo it all over.

So yah good map

12. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

huh ya i try to be annoying but gratz on beating it im glad somebody did! and how long did it take ya?

#12 Chuck A Duck, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  13. IAC United

IAC United Ancient

I found the key, I traveled out in about 3 hours. Those of you who want to know what that key looks like, tough luck.

Hey Chuck a Duck, if you are interested in an idea I have, reply me on this message. It might rival that of your 24 Hour Maze.

14. hpbuttons

hpbuttons Ancient

Took us a while we, went about 45 minutes making no progress. Then they found the near end area and I found the key but took us literally 30 minutes to find eachother.

Then we found the end and failed there a few times and by then had the maze memorized to a point being getting the key and getting to the end in around 5-8 minutes.

The first time we made to the end fully we still died, all 3 of us over jump i'll say then after that one of us got it.

15. Mander

Mander YOU WOKE THE DRAGON

I wasn't sure about this thread, then I saw the picture and my jaw dropped. It looks crazy! I just hope that you got a gametype with high gravity, otherwise this maze is probably easily escapeable. Good job though, and I'll have to try this crazy beast.

16. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

200% gravity, i even wish i could make it to where they couldnt jump at all!

17. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Wow. The biggest maze I have ever seen. If there's anything to criticise it's that you could "clean" the map up with interlocking, but besides that the main thing you need to realize is that NO HUMAN COULD SOLVE THIS THING (unless in forge) IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS.

18. Chuck A Duck

Chuck A Duck Ancient

i dont interlock much and i never do that with mazes

19. Boss of OWNAGE

Boss of OWNAGE Ancient

Ha by far the greatest maze I have ever played. The only problem is that it is fairly sloppy. It's a great maze and I am really looking forward to a sequel. Me and 2 friends beat it in under 27 minutes. I still have the film if you want proof. Also, that was our first run. It was me, McLovin is MLG, and BIack T Shirt.

Also, Gunbomb was not involved.

P.S 2 of the guys who beat it, not Gunbomb, had recon =]

#19 Boss of OWNAGE, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  20. BIack T Shirt

BIack T Shirt Ancient

Boss of OWNAGE, McLovin is MLG, and I completed it! Not GunBomb though! Lolz!

Me and McLovin is MLG are the ones with Recon.