Debate 2012?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xxAl Capwnagexx, Jun 25, 2008.

1. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

No, you didn't, and if you are the Christian you act like you are, then you would know that only God knows when the world will end.

2. desert elite

desert elite Ancient

Who cares I dont believe this,but if its real I will do all the best and risky fun things in life and live it up before it happens.

3. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

Then humans have the power to overcome a god.

Maybe the human species as a whole is the God.

4. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I think what you're stating here is Marxism-Leninism..

5. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

Frankly, I think that nobody understands what will happen and if anything will happen.
    People thought the rapture was gonna happen on 6/6/06... but did it? no. This is probably something we'll all forget about on january 1st 2013.

6. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

But on those events there was nothing to back it up...

12/21/12 has had many powerful people back it up as the year of the apocalypse.

06/06/06 was just made up the same year, same with the year 2000. Why is it that those numbers symbolize something.

06/06/06 is for the devil, and the year 2000 is just something hippies made up since it seemed a bit logical.

But 12/21/12 has no meaning, it is just a random date that is foretold to be the doomsday and it is much more logical to believe this.

7. makisupa007

makisupa007 Ancient

Irony

LOL, Christians scoffing at incredibly far fetched apocalyptic stories.

8. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

No... and why? Doesn't matter either way, I was suggesting it.

9. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Do you have any proof of this? As you have stated "Theyve predicted the world ending SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times...... " Isn't "The world will end when my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, returns. So with that said even if this 2012 thing is real (it isnt) then atleast Jesus will be there with us..." Just contradicting your self? You say that the world will end when Jesus returns, is that not a prediction of the world ending?

10. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I think he's referring to date. As in, people have predicted the date of the earth's ending many times. All he's trying to say is that the world ends when Jesus comes back, God knows when.

11. Time Glitch

Time Glitch Ancient

Conspiracy theorists and lies. It's all a bunch of crap.

However.

If the world happens to end in 2012, I will be laughing my ass off while everyone runs around desperately trying to save themselves. I will laugh and laugh and laugh until eventually consumed by whatever it happens to be.

Oh by the way if it is Zombies, I call shotgun in the DeathBus.

12. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

'If it is ending, how's it happening? Asteroid? Nuclear weapon? Global warming? Alien invasion? Zombies?'

None of those end the world. A couple of them end the human race, and probably the ecosystem, but not the world.

Also, it's highly unlikely too be true.
    For example, there was a cat that was almost perfectly preserved in a pyramid-shaped object from Ancient Egypt, people thought it was magic, it was merely the shape of the pyramid and the climate and atmosphere composition.

13. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

just about every culture/religion in the world puts the end of the world somewhere in 2012.

i personally dont think like that, i am more of a scientific guy, but there has to be some reason that everyone came up with the same thing. perhaps ancient peoples knew more about astronomy and the workings of the solar system than previously believed? it is entirely possibler some crazy astranomical event ends the world and earlier writing sjust said it wierdly.

14. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

The idea was probably made by 1 group of people that probably migrated and told people about it.

15. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Why does everyone say we're going too die because of nuclear weapons?

It would take thousands of nuclear warheads too either:
    1) Cover the size of russia in deadly radiation.
    2) Cause noticeable damage too the atmosphere.

16. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

read the Word of Truth. you will find answers, but i dont believe it will happen in 2012

17. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

A very intersting article involving 2012 and what is actually going to happen, it mentions that something WILL happen, but no one is certain what.

Is the world really going to end on December 21 2012?

Read the entire article it is very interesting.

18. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

hmm, sounds delicious.

19. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

If nothing happens, I can almost guarantee the government will make something happen. So they weren't wrong.

20. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

Illogical, if the government does it, then only one country will be destroyed... And our government runs on Democracy so we can't be the one that starts it. and niether can any other Democratic country, then there is the E.U which will stop other Countries.

Although I put my money on North Korea...